Here is a great list of tips regarding the benefits of the positive thinking. Evidently it really does work. Even if it doesn’t its much better to be positive and reasonably happy than negative and very unhappy.
- Optimism is a predictor of well-being, mood, physical health, and achievements
- Positive thinking has been linked to a number of health benefits including enhanced immune functioning, faster recovery from surgery, increased longevity, reduced stress
- Optimism can help people recover from setbacks during a weight loss program
- Optimists are more persistent
- Practicing positive thinking regularly helps to change the neural circuits in the brain, making it easier to think positively and engage in positive behaviors
- Affirmations are short positive “I” statements that are in present tense – i.e. “I choose healthy foods that nourish my body.”
- Keep a weekly journal of your achievements to help you stay focused on the positive and keep motivated
- Connect with others – optimists are more likely to seek social support which can help during a weight management program
- for more link here
Worth a read and the podcast should be worth a listen.