Dictionary Definitions of Discipline
- Training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.
- Controlled behavior resulting from disciplinary training; self-control.
- Control obtained by enforcing compliance or order.
- A systematic method to obtain obedience: a military discipline.
- A state of order based on submission to rules and authority: a teacher who demanded discipline in the classroom.
- Punishment intended to correct or train.
- A set of rules or methods, as those regulating the practice of a church or monastic order.
- A branch of knowledge or teaching.