Official definition: A mid-life crisis is an emotional state of doubt and anxiety in which a person becomes uncomfortable with the realization that life is halfway over.There are certain characteristics that are typical. Below is a list of some of these:
- search of an undefined dream or goal
- desire to achieve a feeling of youthfulness
- acquiring of unusual or expensive items such as clothing, muscle cars, jewelery, gadgets, etc.
- paying extra special attention to physical appearance
- need to spend more time alone or with certain peers
- a deep sense of remorse for goals not accomplished
- an underlying desire to initiate new sexual partnerships
I need to think about this. I won’t give you my score at the moment but I reckon some of these are a bit close to the mark.
I think one of the bigger issues that I am facing is the realisation of my own mortality. The longer I go on the more I hear about people my age or younger who have died. For most of my life this wouldn’t have been too big of a problem except now I have 4 kids and a wife and I really don’t want to leave them at the moment. But then just the other day I was helping a lady whose husband died tragically leaving his 3 young kids with no father. This is a tragedy and it happens all the time.
That is the emotional side of it. Reality says there is still plenty to go if we abide by the law of averages.
Is this my mid-life crises starting to work itself out in my blog?
I thought that I would add this on how to stay young.
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1.. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay “them”
2. Keep only cheerful friends .. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer , crafts, gardening , whatever. Never let the brain idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud . Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music , plants, hobbies , whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable,improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9 Don’t take guilt trips .. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10.Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away ..
And if you don ‘t send this to at least 8 people – who cares! But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!